1. Coeur d’Alene Brewing Company
*2nd & Lakeside in Cd’A
*Opened in 1980 as TW Fishers
* Varieties include: Huckleberry Ale, Centennial Pale Ale, Lakeside British Ale, Pullman Porter, Rockford Bay IPA, Polar Bear Stout, Vanilla Bourbon Stout, Frozen Lake Winter Ale, Scottish Ale, Amber Ale, Golden Ale, Honeymoon Wheat Hefeweizen.
*Happy hour every day, 3-6 pm, $2 a pint.
2.Pend d’Oreille Winery
*220 Cedar St., Sandpoint
* Established on June 21, 1995 by Julie and Stephen Meyer
*Varieties include: Viognier, Huckleberry Blush, Rosette de Syrah, Merlot, Pinoh Noir, Bistro Rouge.
* Live music every weekend evening at 5:30 p.m.
* Next to the pond in Riverstone, Cd’A.
* Opened in 2007, it’s the third Bardenay – the other two are in Southern Idaho.
* All spirits are distilled on site, one variety of alcohol at each location
* Varieties include: Lemon Vodka, London Style Dry Gin, Cane Sugar Rum
* They claim the name Bardenay came from an old sailor term for a cocktail, but I Googled it like crazy and couldn’t find anything about it, so I think they just made it up.
4. Laughing Dog Brewing Company
* Laughing Dog Brewing is a dog friendly brewery.
* Located in the heart of the Selkirk Mountains just outside of Sandpoint in the city of Ponderay.
* Varieties include: Cream Ale, Pale Ale, Sweet Stout, Hot Chihuahua, Cold Nose Winter Ale, Dogzilla Black IPA.
* Taste healthy samples of all varieties in their tasting room or order up a full pint and enjoy with free pretzels and snacks.
5. Coeur d’Alene Cellars
*Tasting zone Barrel Room No. 6 located at 503 Sherman in downtown Cd’A.
* Free tastings are available daily, and guests can try several wines side-by-side with one of their “wine flights”.
* Varieties include: Alder Ridge Syrah, Columbia Valley Viognier, No. 6 Red, O Stillwater Creek Vineyard Syrah pulence, Sarah's Cuvee, L'Artiste.
* Gorgeous, eye-catching graphic design of labels by Signal Point Design.
6. 44 Degrees North Vodka
* Distilled in Rigby from Idaho potatoes, pure Rocky Mountain Water and Idaho state fruit, Huckleberries.
* Originally available in Mountain Huckleberry, the company has recently introduced Rainier Cherry and Magic Valley Wheat flavors.
* Recipe: Huckleberry Hound - Rocks Glass, 44 North Mountain Huckleberry Vodka, Grapefruit juice.
* Reviewed in Playboy Magazine: “For best enjoyment,chill a bottle in the snow next to a hot tub all day.When night falls, fill the hot tub with leeks and beautiful women, then climb in with shot glass in hand.” Huh?