Saturday, January 1, 2005

Local History

Welcome to Get Out North Idaho's own little roadside museum and old stuff archive.


I've always been fascinated with North Idaho's rich and storied history, especially when it comes to long-gone restaurants, bars, and retail stores. having been born and raised right here in sunny Coeur d'Alene, I've seen tremendous changes, growth and improvements, even in my short (who am I trying to kid?) lifetime. So, I fully enjoy researching and delving into both the recent past and distant past of North Idaho downtowns, lakes, motels, jazz lounges, schools, strip clubs, record shops, lumber mills, etc. Old pictures are pretty cool too.
(Get Out North Idaho's sister site for
historic postcards and images. If you've got anything you'd like to add, please send it in a email to the address on the left sidebar and I will add it ASAP)

Get Out History Archives: