Monday, February 3, 2014

The Lowdown: Asian Twist Restaurant



This weekend, I sent my dear friends Jay and Jake up to the new Thai/Fusion eatery Asian Twist, located in the Albertsons complex in Coeur d'Alene (226 W Ironwood Dr.). I wanted to join them, but alas and alack, I was stuck at work pouring boozy drinks for the party kids. I was fortunate enough to sample Asian Twist's Hot and Sour Soup and Yellow Mussamon Curry the day before when my pal Gregory brought in some take-out to eat at the bar where I work, and the few bites I had were awesomely delicious.

Anyway, I told Jay to let me know if the place earned a thumbs up or a thumbs down from him and he went ahead and wrote up a little paragraph describing the experience. He also took some photos that really work the saliva glands of a hungry so-and-so like me.

"We tried a new place called Asian Twist. Jake had the pad drunken keemow and chicken. I had the chicken basil. It is affordable Thai in a casual setting. Five stars does mean hot so consider a four. Very tasty with good portion size for around $10 per person. It was amusing to see Lawrence Welk, golf and a kung fu fighting movie all playing at once in the dining room."





Looks delicious, right? Then there's that totally bizzaro thing about the Lawrence Welk and golf on the TVs. Perhaps they were trying to be post-ironic or something, but it seems odd for a place that's trying to attract a young hip crowd to show old fart stuff like this:




Ah, well. Bubbles and balls never hurt anyone, and it sounds like this place is already causing ripples of delight in the Coeur d'Alene food community. Let's check out a couple of reviews from Asian Twist's page over on Yelp...

I have to admit I had my doubts going in, but food was fresh, authentic, and flavorful. Teriyaki chicken was just so so. Wish it was cut in longer pieces and grilled instead of chopped small and sauce was thin. My wife's Soup had all the usual suspects to see Galangal, Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime Leaf, & Thai Bird Chilis. Good stuff. Prices were fair, of course I'm always wanting a bit more for my money, but I understand the costs of the restaurant business. Friendly Service. The decor doesn't really match the name and concept, but as long as the food is good I'm there. I did wish there was a few appetizers. Maybe some gyoza or Thai pnut chicken skewers. I will be back to try the Pad Thai. ~ Joe M., Post Falls

This place is fantastic, the prices are great and the quality of food is superb, fresh and delicious! I highly recommend Asian Twist, you won't be disappointed. ~ Michael F., Mead WA

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great prices, great food, so many things to try.. and if you like REAL spice or no spice at all they can accommodate all spice needs! One of my new FAV places!!! ~ Linda I., Coeur d'Alene

AND...lastly, here's the Asian Twist menu for you to gander and gawk and drool at...



7 comments:

Unknown said...

The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.
ราคาเห็ดหลินจือแดง

Salman Khan said...

I would also visit this place, I have visited it recently but doesn't go there to eat, but after your recommendation I will defintely go. I have a question does they have internet connection , because in mostly visited alone and the waiting time is so long so to make my self busy I play play Android cellphone games or read books. Does they provide internet???

Gia Singh said...

Keep sharing such good stuff. I have two things to do in life, the very first one is enjoying the games, the other is eating. I really appreciate your sharing.

Anderson said...

Food with games, both are my favourite one to enjoy. I love eating new varity of food as well as playing and experience new games. Both the things are pretty close to my heart.

Noah said...

I am not pretty moody when it comes to food, but I have issues if someone do cheating while playing any game. That is why everyone should do his/her own safety by putting the masks on it. https://bestpaintballmasks.com/ for more info I have linked the blog here.

Malik said...

WOW, just awesome. Everything of Dubai is awesome and what really attract the visitors there is the presence of most beautiful long buildings and the way owners have make it attractive is really fascinating. I love it. Painting service UAE are provide the best services there.

Milles Mathison said...

I would love to visit the place that you have mentioned, but have you ever listen about the best services regarding painting that we are providing here on our website. If you haven't listen then let me tell you should must try it once, I am sure you would love it. Home Painting Is an art and very few can understand, I have linked there site, so you get to know everything about them.