Thursday, November 15, 2007

CDA Retro Ads 1947 pt. 1

I've been spending some time down at the luscious new library getting odd looks from other patrons as my camera flashes on the huge tomes which contain olden copies of the CDA Press. I'm researching for an upcoming column about what it might have been like to "Get Out" in bygone eras, namely 1947, 1967, and 1987. Not sure yet if I'm going to squeeze this concept into one article or make it a short series. I need to learn how to take better shots with my digital camera because most of the images turned out too blurry to see, although a few turned out OK. Those darned books are way too big to fit on the regular copy machine. Anyway, here are a couple of fairly entertaining adverts from exactly 60 years ago...more to follow soon.


No comments: