Tuesday, December 1, 2009

9 Easy Questions: Rebecca McNeill

Few people in Cd'A have as much experience in local theater as Rebecca McNeill. Fresh from a recent stint directing "Dracula" at the Lake City Playhouse, she's been acting in, directing, writing, even doing props for theater productions in venues in Coeur d'Alene, Spokane, and Seattle since she was a wee tot. She's even worked the box office at both the Playhouse and the Schuler Performing Arts Center at NIC. In addition to performing motherly duties for her two young children, Rebecca enjoys frequenting local art galleries, watching The Simpsons, and listening to Tom Waits and Leonard Cohen. Oh, and we grew up in the same neighborhood so I've been friends with her since we were around three years old. She was swell enough recently to tell us what puts the climax in her Act II.

1. Favorite place to go for breakfast:
The Breakfast Nook - Tasty, cheap, and my kids love going there.

2. Favorite place to grab a sandwich for lunch: Moon Time - The best staff, fabulous menu, great atmosphere, and also not too pricey.

3. Best Mexican restaurant: Fiesta Mexicana (do I have the name right?) on 4th and Appleway. You reviewed it favorably, so I tried it, and now it's my favorite. Love the food, and very kid-friendly.

4. Best Chinese restaurant: I just don't do Chinese food in this town, though I have a sentimental attachment to Chinese Gardens.

5. Best place to get sushi: Syringa!!!!!!!!!!! Please include all eleven exclamation points. ALL ELEVEN. I never thought a guy who drove a Nova in high school would turn out to make the best sushi in a 350 mile radius, but I was wrong about a lot of things.

6. Best fast food joint: The Taco Works stand on Best. So good, so cheap. So, so cheap.

7. Most frequented bar or nightclub: Also Moon Time. I love the music they play, the people are incredible, the atmosphere is relaxed and fun, and there's not a meat market bar feel to the place. Just always a good time.

8. Someone offers to buy you a drink. What do you order? No one's ever offered to buy me a drink. Usually I propose that if a guy will buy me a drink, then I won't hit on him for the rest of the night. That usually gets me a Cosmopolitan or a Newcastle, depending on where I am.

9. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be and why? Dulce de Leche. Reminds of the years I spent breastfeeding my kids.

No comments: