Tuesday, December 15, 2009

9 Easy Questions: Ryan Brodwater

Ryan Brodwater (aka Otis G.) decribes himself as "a wannabe punk rocker disguised as a wannabe engineer, who excels at nothing in particular but is kinda okay at a lot of things". Last month while visiting Tennessee, he made a boo-boo while skateboarding and broke his leg. He writes "I think it's very cool that you're asking me to do this. Besides, when you're laid up... what better thing to do than fill out a survey! The leg is actually coming along, I've still got another 3 weeks before I can even try to put weight on it. I'm very lucky to have a desk job. I'm pretty sure I've now retired from skateboarding." Despite many lovely painkillers, he was lucid enough recently to let us know what puts the glide in his deck, truck and wheels.

1. Favorite place to go for breakfast: Old European in Post Falls. You just gotta beat the church crowd.

2. Favorite place to grab a sandwich for lunch: I can't remember the last night I bought a sandwich for lunch. My lunch of choice is to grab a bowl of Pho soup from the Pho Thi Minh in Spokane Valley. For a special treat, I'll add some spring rolls wrapped in rice paper.

3. Best Mexican restaurant: A new place just opened up next door to my work (Spokane Valley City Hall) called... Alejandro's? For a couple bucks, you can get burritos (even the breakfast variety) that are the size of a yule log. We honestly don't know how they stay in business.

4. Best Chinese restaurant: Chinese Gardens in Coeur d'Alene. I can never remember my "usual" combo plate number, but it doesn't matter. I've never had anything there I didn't like.

5. Best place to get sushi: I love hanging out with friends in one of the back rooms at Takara in Coeur d'Alene. Gotta have a nice warm jug of sake, and those salted pea pod things. Oh yeah, and sushi.

6. Best fast food joint: I usually hit up Ron's Drive-In in Spokane Valley. It just seems like good old-fashioned fast food. I also love Dick's on occasion, I just never find myself in downtown Spokane too often.

7. Most frequented bar or nightclub: Mik-n-Mac's for karaoke night, or the Iron Horse for open mic night. I've even been known to perform at both places... once!

8. Someone offers to buy you a drink. What do you order? I love a Dewar's 12-year scotch on the rocks, but I'd feel guilty having someone pay for it. I'd just ask for a well scotch with ice.

9. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be and why? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Talk about a brilliant combination of comfort foods.

No comments: