Tuesday, February 9, 2010

9 Easy Questions: Kami Jo Kiele

Some say it's good luck to give Mik-n-Mac's bartender Kami Jo Kiele's ta-ta a little squeeze, but try it without her permission and you will swiftly find out that action is very bad luck indeed, for she will have you in a choke hold, up the stairs and out the door in seconds flat. I've always told her I want a miniature Kami Jo to carry around in my pocket, and someday I swear I'm going to figure out how to make one because life would be so much better if I could have a dose of her sweet sass whenever I wanted, 24/7. Come down on Karaoke night and see her perform a live Country music video about a small-town girl who moved north to the big city (well, Cd'A is bigger than Kooskia), got a job as bartender/Queen B(eotch) in a sorta gay bar. Yes, she can take orders, pour drinks, wipe the counters and sing, all at the same time. Miss Kami was fab enough recently to fill us in on what kinda eat and drink puts the pimento in her cocktail olive.

1. Favorite place to go for breakfast: 4th St. Pantry. The best most delicious 24-hour breakfast joint out there, especially for the price.

2. Favorite place to grab a sandwich for lunch: Daaneas Deli. The most awesome fresh cut meat and cheeses with an aray of toppings and German chocolate and an amazing sellection of import beers.

3. Best Mexican restaurant: Toro Veijo. I feel that they have the best selection on their menu. It is such a wide variety and the absolute best chips and salsa and call margaritas.

4. Best Chinese restaurant: For egg rolls, Chinese Gardens. For everything else, Bonsai Bistro. They have he best General Tso's chicken: just enough spice. Beautiful.

5. Best place to get sushi: Again, Bonsai Bistro. They have one of the best cutters and rollers in town allong with the best atmosphere. Troy the manager is amazing at making everyone feel welcome and of course he makes everyone laugh. But the food, above all, is the best quality fish and such!

6. Best fast food joint: Wendys. I love love their new Spicy Chicken nuggets and their boneless wings are Grade A+. IF YOU HAVNT TRIED THEM YOU SHOULD YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY. They have the freshest meat and veggies, it is amazing. I know because when I was younger, I used to work there. A long time ago, lol.

7. Most frequented bar or nightclub: Mik-n-Mac's. It is a club for everone with the best specials and the widest array of music. The new DJ is amazing. Also DJ Funk brings a new vibe and no lie, he is amazing. Since the club has reopened it has had such a great vibe. No fights, and a friendly group of workers there. It feels like it did back in the day, like 6 -9 years ago. So much fun.

8. Someone offers to buy you a drink. What do you order? Yes, I will always take a drink from someone. If it's a shot I would do Patron or Red Stag. A drink - Firefly with 7UP and splash of coke and sour. Super yummy.


9. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be and why?  My favorite is Cold Stone's Sweet Cream with Honey and Macadamia nuts. No joke, OMG it is sooooo good. If I were a flavor I would be Maple Nut. A little nutty with just enough sweet not to make you sick, but a back-in-the-day flavor, if that makes sense ha ha.

No comments: