Wednesday, March 17, 2010

9 Easy Questions: Adam Bennett

I met Mr. Bennett when we worked together at Coldwater Creek helping crabby ladies order ugly dupioni silk skirts and Kokopelli wall hangings. Thankfully, we've both moved on to bigger and better things, and Adam is currently readying a new downtown storefront for Aha! Creative Group, his graphic design studio, whose mission is summed up nicely on their website as "We bring fresh perspective to your business image, and specialize in coaxing information out of business owners- whether we make you sketch it, mold it out of clay or pick 20 words to describe the look you’re after with your business in Coeur d’Alene".

His work is eye-catching and bold and can be seen decorating the windows and tables of Baja Bargarita, in logos for Studio Capelli Salon, on business cards for the Torch Lounge, and most recently, something called "Karen is Dead" (I have no idea either), just to name a few. Adam was kind enough to share with us what local food and drink options put the drop shadow behind his sans-serif font. Check out some of his work over at the Aha! Creative Facebook page.

1. Favorite place to go for breakfast: Michael D's. Hands down. Their breakfast potatoes have special healing properties. And the Eggs Benedict never disappoint.

2. Favorite place to grab a sandwich for lunch: Gotta go with Caruso's on this one. Only place I can get a sandwich that tastes like something I would make at home. Eating out without feeling like I ate out afterwards is something I place a HIGH value one.

3. Best Mexican restaurant: I love Toro Viejo. No, actually I LOVE Toro Viejo. I can walk to the downtown location from our new office and Junior and his staff always make you feel like family.

4. Best Chinese restaurant: (Ed. note: he left this one blank, which kinda says it all.)


5. Best place to get sushi: I've been really impressed with Syringa lately. I'm not a fan of
"real" sushi, but I do love a California Roll every once in a while.

6. Best fast food joint: I'm trying real hard not to eat fast food anymore. (But when I do I have to go with Arby's).

7. Most frequented bar or nightclub: I'm a huge fan of Baja Bargarita. We really don't make it anywhere else consistantly, but Baja is small enough to be comfortable with a group of people. The atmosphere there is really conducive for a laid back night out. Nuff' said.

8. Someone offers to buy you a drink. What do you order? If its a mixed drink, I'll usually have a Firefly™ and Water. I love Iced Tea, so it's a natural favorite for me. Sometimes I'll even put a little bit of lemonade in with it. If it's shots, I'll take some Hornitos or Patron any time.

9. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be and why? I'd have to go with Oatmeal Cookie Ben & Jerry's. The stuff is really amazing.

1 comment:

Sam Wichky said...

completely free handwritten fonts , fonts handwritten collection for you to download today.