You could say that Mik-n-Mac's Lounge is Rita Mikalatos' baby. If that's the case, then she nearly abandoned her child and left in in the hands of terrible strangers. Thank the Gods of Booze, she came to her senses and re-opened the bar a few months back after a deal to sell the place fell through. Mik-n-Mac's is North Idaho's longest-running dance club (we don't count the Resort), and things just wouldn't have been the same without it. The deal was made even better by a snazzy remodel of the bar area and fresh staff members, all of whom will be happy to assist you in tying one on and move your groove thing. Rita was kind enough recently to share what shakes the ice in her martini mixer.
1. Favorite place to go for breakfast: Country Boy in Athol. Not only are Rosie and her family awesome people, but the food is excellent (no weenie bacon and see through bread). She also has killer cinnamon rolls. Don't count your calories there!
2. Favorite place to grab a sandwich for lunch: Hmmm, peanut butter sandwich from my pantry, ha ha.
3. Best Mexican restaurant: Hayden's Toro Viejo by far! Love them in Cd'A too, but parking is so much easier in Hayden. Love the pollo a la crema. Can you tell I don't count calories?
4. Best Chinese restaurant: Bonsai Bistro. Yes, I know it's a Hagadone corporation, but a close runner up is Panda Express. Yes I know, neither are Chinese. At real Chinese restaurants I end up ordering a grilled cheese.
5. Best place to get sushi: Yuck!
6. Best fast food joint: Panda Express. Well their drive-thru isn't so fast though.
7. Most frequented bar or nightclub: Mik-n-Mac's (of course).
8. Someone offers to buy you a drink. What do you order? Depending on my mood, Patron tequila or Red Stag (Black Cherry Burboun). Or cranberry juice in a rocks glass so they think its a Washington Sour Apple, ha ha.
9. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be and why? Birthday cake! With every bite it's a confetti surprise!!